about 1 month ago
Top 50 Law Firm Cardiff
Yolk are working with a law firm established in Cardiff who are looking to add a Construction Solicitor to their busy team. They are one of the busiest and well known Construction Teams Nationwide. You will ideally have have a strong academic background with experience in contentious and non contentious work
The firm has always worked across business and society, and this expertise sets them apart. Social and environmental impact are at the top of our business agenda. We champion fairness, make the complex simple and forge connections between clients to find creative solutions. This is how we improve outcomes for every person, community and business we serve.
With 7 offices Nationwide they are a UK & I based law firm with an international reach. Sectors include: health; real estate and construction; education; energy and infrastructure; financial services; government; insurance; manufacturing and industrials; and retail, consumer and logistics.
They nurture talent at all levels and from every background and celebrate what makes people individuals. Law needs all voices to reflect the society it serves which is why all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, social economic background or age.
They are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who best meet the minimum/essential criteria for the role.
The firm strives to create meaningful personal and professional development opportunities and offer flexible working in support of a good work-life balance. We focus on wellbeing and individuality, so that all our people can thrive.
Why is this role important and how does it fit into the team, department and wider firm?
The firm construction team has grown significantly over the course of the past seven years and it is now looking to recruit a solicitor with excellent contentious and non-contentious experience to service current work flows and help grow this side of the business. This is an exciting role which will include servicing current work flows and helping grow this flow of work. The role is based in Cardiff, but will involve working with members of the team in other offices. The role will be varied and involve construction and engineering disputes of differing sizes and complexity, as well as project advisory work for a range of clients across a variety of sectors. The team works on both national and international projects. This role offers excellent opportunities in terms of levels of responsibility, high calibre work and a supportive environment in which to grow your career and develop your construction practice.
What does the role actually involve?
Candidates should be able to provide an effective legal service to a variety of clients, with an emphasis on the provision of cost effective solutions. The role will be both contentious and non-contentious. You will be expected to be competent in:
- Specialist advice in all aspects of contentious building, construction and engineering work
- The resolution of problems in construction law and the promotion of initiatives to this end
- The ability to master complex regulations and procedures with careful attention to detail and to explain and provide advice to clients
- The ability and willingness to support other areas of the practice where relevant e.g. providing technical support to our professional indemnity team
- The ability to think laterally in order to consolidate and support a variety of disciplines
- Enthusiasm for the provision of marketing support, e.g. providing seminars and / or lectures and / or workshops and writing bulletins / articles / blogs, updating literature etc.
- Meeting financial goals with a good track record in achieving both targets. You are expected to achieve at least 6.5 hours chargeable time each day
- Individual responsibilities would be designed in conjunction with your personal development plan
Who would be a good fit for this role?
As part of the construction team, you would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- A strong academic background with experience in contentious and non contentious work areas
- Commercial awareness with a common sense approach to problem solving and the ability to follow through on ideas for improving service to clients
- The ability to provide and communicate practical, commercial advice in a straightforward manner, assimilating facts quickly and working towards tight timescales
- An enquiring mind, attentive to detail with a willingness to accept new challenges and able to manage own time effectively
- A willingness to attend marketing and social events organised by the firm or its clients or professional organisations, maintaining professional relationships with clients and colleagues
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices