07458 160 616
25 days ago
01 October 2021
Construction Solicitor NQ – 4 PQE
This is a fantastic opporuntity for a Construction Solicitor to join a top tier, international law firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and several international associations. This firm has 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris and many others.
They act for all the UK’s top-ten insurers and are market leaders in Real Estate as they advise all the UK’s top-12 housebuilders. This firm has an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In the Legal 500 UK 2021 the firm received top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas and 58 Lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual’ rankings.
The team is comprised of dedicated and experienced contract lawyers that focus on the construction and engineering industry. There are specialist non-contentious construction teams in Newcastle, London, and Bristol and operates on a national and international platform, providing advice to clients on contract procurement and the drafting of bespoke contracts as well as advising on standard forms.
This department has an enviable list of clients that has been built up with an excellent reputation and is highly ranked in the legal directories. This firm is on national panels with several top name house builders and also acts for local and national private developers, large national and international corporates, contractors, construction professionals, the NHS and private health and social care providers, national and local government education sector instructions, clients in the energy and infrastructure sector and development finance providers and investment funds.
This is a fast paced, hardworking Construction team that offers genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments. This is the place that talented people want to work.
This is what you will be doing
· Providing expert legal advice to a variety of clients in different sectors involved in construction and engineering projects
· Working with diverse range of client’s top-quality instructions and a varied and sustainable pipeline of work
· Managing an intellectually stimulating, high quality and varied caseload
· Dealing with day-to-day involvement in key client relationships and business development activity
· Advising on the full life cycle of a construction, engineering or infrastructure project including:
- Building contracts and professional team appointments
- Engineering contracts for renewable energy, process plant, infrastructure, utilities, and transport
- The construction aspects involved in funding agreements, development agreements, sale and purchase agreements, collaboration agreements and agreements for lease
- Operation and maintenance contracts, property, and facilities management contracts
- Ancillary documents associated with construction and engineering projects, such as framework agreements, collateral warranties/ third party rights, bond, guarantees, novation’s, assignments, vesting agreements, letter of intent and reliance letters.
The experience you will bring to the team
· Newly qualified or junior solicitor or associate 0-4 PQE
· An ambitious and determined individual who enjoys and takes pride in providing the highest standards of client care and technical excellence
· A personable team player with a can-do attitude
· Interest in the construction and engineering market and how the law can help clients to achieve goals
This is what you will get in return
· The support to grow and develop your own practice
· Career progression opportunities
· A friendly and collaborative environment
· Agile working encouraged
· Competitive salary
· Corporate benefits package
Are you up for the challenge?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Abbie Lucas on 07458 160 616 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.