Up to £50,000
10 months ago
Contentious Probate Solicitor
My client are a client focussed firm who has award winning lawyers working for them. They are noted by Chambers & Partners for the relationships built with clients, and the increasing presence we’re building in the markets and clients we serve. They provide a range of services to different clients in areas such as Agriculture, Private Client, Corporate & Commercial and Commercial Property and are noted for having specialists that practice in each of these areas.
This is what you’ll be doing
They are looking for a 2 - 4+ PQE Contentious Wills and Probate Solicitor to join the Dispute Resolution team based in Swindon, but serving all the firm’s offices. Working directly with a senior Associate Solicitor, you will have assisted with contentious wills and probate claims in the past and handled claims from the early pre-action stages through to court proceedings having been issued. An understanding of basic Wills, trusts and Estate Administration would assist (either gained by experience during your training contract or as an NQ), although is not essential.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- To excel in this role you will ideally be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Dealing with claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act
- Claims challenging the validity of a will, based on capacity or undue influence
- Contentious Estate Administration, including disagreements between beneficiaries or issues with Executors in the performance of their duties
- Claims arising from breach of Trustee/Executor duties
- Professional negligence claims arising from the drafting or wills or poor estate administration
- Advising charities about claims that affect their legacy income
- TOLATA claims in context of estate administration.
And this is what you’ll get in return
You will work in modern offices with competitive salary and benefits
Are you up to the challenge?
Please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices or please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.