£21000 - £23000 per annum
02922 260 612
6 days ago
22 July 2022
Salary is based on experience
Yolk Recruitment are working with a Top 50 law firm to recruit a Corporate Legal Support Assistant. You is join the corporate business group who deal with a wide range of work including Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals, Reorganisations, Private Equity, Venture and Growth Capital backed transactions, Joint Ventures, Shareholder Agreements and general Company Law advice. This is a great opportunity for a talented legal assistant with proven excellent communication and organisational skills to efficiently assist the team.
This is a firm who are willing to invest in you and your legal career and develop your skills and aid in the development of your legal career.
This is what you will be doing:
As a Corporate Legal Support Assistant in this role, you will be assisting the fee earners and be the first point of contact for clients and 3rd parties as well as the following
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, scanning and filing
- Organising deeds/documents and accounts/billing, archiving
- Dealing with bankruptcy searches and receipts for monies in and out in accordance with our regulatory requirement
- Preparing WIP reports, allocating disbursements to matters, preparing draft bills for lawyer approval, managing bill issuance process
- Collating, analysis and reporting of data as required by lawyers/clients;
- Conference and meeting arrangements, diary management and assisting team with business development activities
- Dealing with transactional and post-completion tasks such as liaising with IT to set up electronic data sites, preparation of bibles and filing requirements at Companies House
- Provide administrative support
- File opening and closing
- Drafting client correspondence
- Running conflict checks, and obtaining AML documents
The experience you will bring to the team:
As a Corporate Legal Support Assistant this firm are looking for a individual who has a willingness to learn and be part of a collaborative team. This role will require you to demonstrate a supportive, flexible and driven ethos in addition to the following experience and skills:
Previous legal admin or legal secretary is essential.
- An interest in working in the legal field is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and document management experience would be beneficial.
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a busy team with a significant case load.
- An ability to work on own initiative but under supervision.
What you will get in return:
At this law firm, as a Corporate Legal Support Assistant you will get a work life balance, training and support. In addition to:
- Private permanent health insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Relocation assistance
- 5% employer pension contribution (subject to a minimum 3% employee contribution)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu injections
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Eyecare reimbursed
- Employee assistance programme
- Legal services
- 26 days' holiday + buy up to a further 5 days
- A day off for your birthday
- Funding for qualifications and professional memberships
- Study leave
- Informal flexible working practices
- Volunteering leave
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Nicole Smith at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.