Up to £25000.00 per annum
19 days ago
06 October 2023
Bath, UK - £25k salary
As a Paralegal in our client's prestigious Corporate team, you will play a crucial role in connecting the firm's clients with the firm. You will primarily assist qualified lawyers by managing aspects of legal files and undertaking simple legal tasks under supervision. Your responsibilities will encompass various administrative duties related to this role, including drafting legal documents, conducting legal research, and ensuring compliance with firm policies and procedures.
This is a forward-thinking UK Top 100 law firm known for serving national and international clients, including high street brands and Premiership rugby clubs. With over 570 professionals spread across offices in the South West, Thames Valley, and London, this firm is recognized for their technical expertise and personable and friendly approach, prioritising and offering a commercial focus with a personal touch.
This firm's commitment to their people and their careers is central to its success in delivering the best for their clients while staying ahead of the curve. They aim to anticipate client needs, provide solutions, and maintain a friendly, accessible, and supportive culture.
Whether you aspire to become a Partner or have different career goals, they provide clear expectations and opportunities for your professional growth.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Corporate Paralegal, you will be responsible for the following duties:-
Personalised Client Service:
- Manage aspects of legal files under the guidance of qualified lawyers.
- Handle all administrative responsibilities associated with your role.
- Draft legal documents using predefined templates, addressing legal and factual issues in accordance with client instructions.
- Conduct legal research, presenting findings accurately and clearly.
- Prioritize and exceed client service expectations.
- Participate in risk and compliance training, staying updated on industry changes and best practices.
- Assist fee earners in preparing for business development (BD) and marketing activities.
- Begin building relationships with third parties (e.g., referrers) under supervision and respond to inquiries.
- Initiate connections and establish a profile within the firm.
- Foster relationships within your team and collaborate with other teams and the business services team for mutual benefit.
- Work effectively within a team, offering support during peak workloads.
- Attend relevant training sessions and apply acquired knowledge to enhance your performance and role development.
Financial & Operational Excellence:
- Accurately record the time spent on all tasks.
- Work towards personal objectives and document progress within the Performance Leader system.
- Contribute to procedural improvements and efficiency suggestions, taking ownership of projects when appropriate.
This is what you'll bring to the team
The successful candidate will bring the following experience to the Corporate team:-
- A legal qualification is desirable (LLB or CILEx).
- Previous experience in a legal support or administrative role is beneficial.
- Strong organizational skills with effective prioritization abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and relevant IT platforms.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management.
- Ability to handle basic legal tasks under supervision and show initiative when required.
This is what you will get in return
- Flexible working; at least two days a week working from home.
- Opportunities for career development within a transparent and supportive framework.
- Access to a range of benefits that prioritize the well-being of employees.
- Be a part of a dynamic and inclusive culture that values its people and their contributions.
Are you up to the challenge?
If you are a proactive and detail-oriented Paralegal with a commitment to delivering the best outcomes for clients and the firm, then we want to hear from you. Take the first step towards a rewarding legal career and apply now!
You are encouraged to apply by contacting Oliver Coodye on 07458 142 713 or alternatively send your CV
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.