Up to £75000.00 per annum + up to 17 % bonus, excellent pension
12 days ago
15 December 2022
Data Architect - £75,000 + up to £17,000 bonus - Excellent Benefits - Hybrid Cardiff (1 day a fortnight in the office) - 2 stage interview process - Sector: Financial Services
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Data Architect to work with a famed FTSE 100 company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cloud data engineering architecture team that is pushing the boundaries within the industry. This role will give you the opportunity to flex your data skills in a range of areas from cloud hosted databases, ML and AI data hubs.
You will get the chance to design and implement data architecture, integration, models in a supportive and successful team.
- Private medical
- 27 days holidays
- Industry leading pension scheme
- Life insurance & income protection
- Industry leading performance bonus scheme
- + much more
- Defining and maintaining data architecture standards and principles, including modelling metadata, data security, and reference data.
- Transforming business requirements into designs for data integration, data streaming & transformation, data models for databases, data lakehouses, data warehouses, data lakes
- Define a reference data architecture, with best practice patterns for data engineers to follow to build and improve data systems.
- Undertake analysis of data architecture and software alternatives, documenting associated benefits, costs, and risks; to conduct gap analysis, with proof of concepts for new data architectures.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the strategic application of data architectures
- High level experience with SQL and NoSQL databases using more than one of SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java).
- Have an understand software engineering methodologies such as BDD, TDD, Extreme programming
- Understands InfoSec principals; experience of designing and implementing secure database systems
- Experience in using modern cloud database systems such as Snowflake
- Experience of building ELT/ETL or data pipelines
- TOGAF certification, AWS Certified Big Data
- Demonstrable software engineering skills in designing data models using formal techniques.
- Experience using Data Vault 2.0 or equivalent methodology, for Business Intelligence or Data Science systems