£600 - £800 per day
2 months ago
Data Engineer - £600 - 800per day inside ir35 - 6 months (extensions highly likely) - London - Hybrid - Must be DV security cleared - Sector: National Security - ASAP start
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a data engineer to work with one of the key institutions protecting our national security.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced data engineer to join a thriving team following continuous growth and success build new cutting-edge technology within the Defence sector.
- Design, develop, test and support data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces
- Model data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work
- Defining how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of data assets
- Using categories of products that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata
- Experience in using Data Engineering tools and technology ETL tools including Python and a number of the Big Data Applications. Rather than specifying a list of technologies we look for, demonstrable ability in what you have used previously, along with adaptability and willingness to learn is what we value.
- A good understanding of Open-Source software for Data Engineering and can evaluate these platforms against products. Given a problem you can analyse and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- SAS experience required
- An understanding of maintaining and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and "big data" platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Previous experience working in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence