£34000 - £46000 per annum
22 days ago
Data Engineer - Built in Progression to Senior - up to £46,000 - Remote Working Available
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a very unique Civil Service Organisation. This highly specialised nature of the company leads to varied and interesting projects.
We are supporting them to recruit a Data Engineer for a developmental role, which aims to promote to a Senior Data Engineer in 12-24 months. This progression would lead into a Senior Engineer role which would include an increase in salary banding.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is keen on developing and learning skills on the unique job. While the role is contractually hybrid many members of the team work fully remote.
What the Data Engineer will be doing.
You will be working in a collaborative environment with a lot of pair programming and learning opportunities, building the experience required for the internal promotion.
- Coding in Python and working on AWS based cloud architecture
- Working in pairs or larger teams to effectively ensure quality while designing and coding.
- Writing bespoke data pipelines using Python
- Working on serverless cloud tech
What the successful Data Engineer will bring to the team
You will have an eagerness to learn and push your personal development, with some experience of coding in Python.
- Good Experience of Python
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, and how to work within them especially AWS
- Prior use of CI/CD pipelines
- Automated checking tools- pytest or unit test
- Experience of Pandas or NumPy
- Good recognition of technical debt
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Fully remote working option
- Salary of up to £46,000
- Clear progression path into a Senior Engineer which would involve a jump in salary band
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
Think this one's for you
If you think this Data Engineer opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.