£56000 - £67000 per annum
27 days ago
03 February 2023
Data Engineering Lead - up to £67,000 - Hybrid (Flexible working)
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a specialised Civil Service Organisation who are presently undergoing an interesting transformation into the cloud space.
We are supporting them to recruit a Data Engineering Lead. This is an ideal role for any Data Engineer with the ability to inspire best practice, formulate tactical plans and provide technical leadership.
What the Data Engineering Lead will be doing
You will be leading the push towards a world class Data Engineering capability- driving solutions designed to increase the ease of data usage and the availability of said data.
- Provide assurance and guidance on all Data Engineering work from the department
- Empower Data engineers responsible for data pipelines and in turn own the data engineering roadmap
- Analysing data problems and creating appropriate solutions
- Give strategic input across a variety of projects, groups, and products.
- Support the generation of the Data Centre of Excellence
What the successful Data Engineering Lead will bring to the team
You will be an excellent communicator, who is adept at data analysis, synthesis and development. You will be innovative with your ability to build and programme and have a high level of technical understanding so that you can advise on others.
- Clear and excellent experience with Azure Data Factory, Python and DataBricks
- Experience cleansing, preparing and formatting data
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work well with others
- Experience leading a Data Engineering Team
- Experience designing future proof systems
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £50,000
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
- Full Flexi-Time - Work your 37.5 hours on any schedule between 5am and 10pm
- Accrued Flexi-Time - If you work 37.5 hours in 4 days, you can have the fifth day off
- Unlimited access to Pluralsight learning videos
- 25 Days annual leave PLUS Bank Holidays (Increasing to 30 days)
Think this one's for you
If you think this Data Engineering Lead opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.