Up to £60,000 with excellent benefits package
3 months ago
Data Governance Lead
Yolk Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Data Governance Lead for a central Cardiff organisation. Our client is on a digital journey, overhauling their digital and web capabilities. This newly created role for a Data Governance Lead provides an opportunity to shape their 3-5 year data strategy. You’ll champion the best use of data and change the organisations understanding of data to drive change, pace and agility resulting in tangible positive business impact. You’ll also have the opportunity to define and shape your own team of Data Governance professionals.
This is what you’ll be doing
The Data Governance Lead will be tasked with establishing and leading a team in the development and delivery of frameworks and services to ensure the business’ data is owned, understood and cared for effectively by;
- Recruiting, leading and performance management of a team of data professionals in performing data governance services.
- Establishing and operating a Data Owner Framework and associated governance
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement across supported data capabilities, establishing mature processes, strategies, roadmaps, services, metrics and governance:
- Data Definition
- Data Lineage/Meta Data Management
- Data Quality Management
- Owning & maintaining Enterprise Data Dictionary and Business Glossary and leverage Data Owner Framework and transformation projects to drive enrichment of these.
- Own and drive adoption of the Data Governance, Data Quality and Reference Data Platform
The experience you’ll bring to the team
The successful Data Governance Lead applicant will bring the following to our client:
- Significant experience delivering Data Governance & Data Management services within a regulated environment
- Demonstrable experience leading a team of data professionals from recruitment to maturity
- Business change experience and stakeholder management
- University educated or similar business experience with Data Management/Data Governance certification
- Data Governance/Data Management frameworks expertise (DAMA etc)
- Data Quality Management tools & Platforms (Experian, Pandora etc)
And this is what you’ll get in return
A highly competitive package including pension, bonus and incentive schemes, life assurance cover, critical illness protection, private healthcare and the option to buy extra holiday each year.
Generous flexible benefits package
Salary up to £60,000
Are you up for the challenge?
If this sounds like an opportunity for you or someone you know please send your CV or ask them to do the same.
Please note that while the world is in crisis, and many of us are working from home, much of the business world is battening down the hatches, adapting and and continuing in the best way we can. Our client is dedicated to the safety of its own staff so interviews will be via telephone in the first instance with final stages expected to be via video. Please don’t delay your application to this post as our client is keen to progress with this key role without delay.