£40000 - £48000 per annum
12 days ago
16 July 2022
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team is working with a large education provider to find a Data Protection Officer and Information Compliance Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to manage risk and legal compliance associated with the organisations data protection and freedom of information obligations. We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated individual with the professional qualities, expert knowledge and experience to fulfil the UK GDPR requirements for a Data Protection Officer.
This is a hybrid role with a base in Pontypridd.
What you will be doing as a Data Protection Officer:
- To manage risk and all aspects of legal compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK General Data Protection Regulation, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations.
- To implement systems and controls to ensure compliance
- To support and promote a culture of awareness of data protection
- To design, advise, and improve data protection impact assessments and monitor effectiveness.
- To ensure that data processing agreements are in place with third parties
- To act as the key contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Understanding of current Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation in UK and awareness of current developments in records management
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant experience as Data Protection and/or Freedom of Information Officer
- 35 days holiday + bank holidays and Christmas shut down.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Flexible and hybrid working.
- Excellent pension scheme.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work