£35000 - £40000 DOE
about 1 year ago
Data Test Engineer
£35000 to £40000 DOE
An exciting new opportunity at a global company in Cardiff to join their highly passionate and talented team in Cardiff to help them in developing and maintaining their huge innovative data platform.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Working in a fast paced environment on an array of different and exciting projects, alongside developers, product and project management as well as engineering teams.
- Working alongside project managers, product managers, developers and engineering teams in a collaborative and communicative environment
- Working with large volumes of data, ensuring it is up to date and analysing as well as testing it to ensure its functionality
- Using test automation, both maintaining existing packs and creating new ones to monitor and uphold the quality of the data
- Receiving top quality and generous amounts of training on the data platform itself.
- Carrying out manual as well as automated regression testing
The experience that you'll bring to the team
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity QA methodologies and processes.
- Commercial experience with working with very large quantities of data, checking quality and manipulating the data to identify patterns
- An evidenced and clear passion for QA
- Good understanding and familiarity with associated tools for dealing with the large volumes of data (eg. SQl, Orace, MySQL, Hadoop ect.)
Some nice to haves
- An understanding of test automation, to the level where you can write and maintain tests in at least one programming language
- Experience working in an agile environment
- JIRA experience
- Familiarity with code management tools such as GIT and SVN
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Extremely generous pension scheme
- Paid overtime, at a rate of either 1.5x/2x the base
- 25+ days holiday a year, as well as a ‘holiday buy’ scheme
- Allocated funds and time for training
- Private medical benefit, health screening and life assurance
- Opportunity to work with and on new cutting edge technology and software
Are you up to the challenge?
If you are searching for an opportunity where you can have a voice, add real value, help drive and deliver a great service as well as progress your career then please get in touch today with our specialist software testing recruiter, Joel Marshall on either email@example.com or 02921 673760 / 07527 884999
Please apply with a CV attaching your recent contact details. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.