£20,000 + commission
over 1 year ago
Delegate Sales Executive
Are you passionate about converting a sale and love a challenge of hitting targets? Are you experienced at building sound business relationships with the ability to sell the benefits of the product you are selling? If so this could be the perfect job for you!
This is what you'll be doing
An opportunity has arisen for a Delegate Sales Executive to join our client, a fast-growing events business based in London and Cardiff, specialising in conferences and training for the transport, planning, ports and energy sectors.
As a Delegate Sales Executive you will play a significant role in the success of the business, selling delegate places across the companies diverse portfolio of conferences. Using the telephone as your primary medium, you will build a pipeline of attendees from leads provided as well as contacts you will source yourself, closing sales and achieving targets in line with agreed objectives.
- Calling and selling to a list of prospective event attendees. To be responsible for making telesales calls and conducting face to face meetings to maximise sales wherever possible.
- Engaging with clients on the phone and developing lasting relationships
- Daily management and maintenance of sales records, ensuring they are kept up to date with attendees and details
- Working with the marketing team to convert inbound sales enquiries into leads
- Achieving monthly and overall revenue targets and making calls to meet daily KPIs, to be set by management
- Researching attendees and generating sales leads
- To work directly with the Business Development Manager and Marketing Manager and team to identify sponsorship and exhibition leads.
- To help with researching the market to assist the Business Development Manager to generate/qualify new leads.
- To source and drive telesales activity; work in partnership with the marketing team staff to meet revenue targets
- To work with clients to use social media mechanisms such as "twitter" and "Facebook" to enhance their PR and public affairs profile.
The experience you''ll bring to the team
- Be educated to A level or equivalent (bachelor’s degree level desirable)
- Possess excellent sales and customer service skills
- Be an excellent communicator with good negotiation skills
- Possess strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (ideally also sales/booking databases such as Salesforce)
- Be a great networker and team player
- Be good at problem solving with a strong sense of initiative
- Have experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong organisational and time management skills
And this is what you'll get in return
- A competitive package - £20,000 + commission
- Annual reviews and talent planning
- Excellent reward and recognition
- Paid annual membership of a relevant industry body e.g. CIM or CIPR
- Opportunities to travel between our Cardiff and London offices
- Casual Fridays dress code
- Freshwater UK aims to be an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified or eligible people regardless of gender, race, sexuality, religion, age or disability.
Are you what we're looking for?
Please get in touch today with sales specialist recruiter, Matthew Ryan on 02921 673727 or email@example.com
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities