£39906 - £42222 per annum
02922 671 373
18 days ago
Working for a large and modern public sector organisation, we are looking for a skilled Delivery Manager – Digital Delivery based in Cardiff. The Agile delivery Manager will be responsible for driving the timely delivery of software products and services by managing and working with multi-disciplinary teams. If you are an experienced Delivery Manager / Scrum Master with proven background in running cross functional agile teams then we want to hear from you!
What the Delivery Manager will be doing
As a Delivery Manager you will be responsible for driving the timely delivery of software products and services by managing and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
The Agile Delivery Manager will also form part of the wider Delivery Management team and be part of the overall Digital Delivery Function which is responsible Delivery across new Products and Services.
Delivery is utilising a componentised approach to provide small discrete pieces of functionality that when combined provide a flexible end to end solution. The Agile Delivery Manager is responsible for the timely and co-ordinated delivery of their elements of this componentised solution.
Professional line management of each of the individuals within the Delivery Team is carried out by the relevant Profession Leads, however the Delivery Manager is responsible for all day to day task management within the team and as such will be involved in day to day people management, encouraging the teams to grow and achieve their goals, addressing delivery progress, risks and wellbeing, hand in hand with the profession leads.
What the Delivery Manager will be responsible for
- Effective stakeholder management, planning, delivery, reporting and monitoring of the delivery teams
- Manage and facilitate all associated ceremonies with working in an AGILE environment including – sprint planning, accurate estimation of work and tracking of scrum team velocity, daily scrum meetings, management of the day-to-day workflow including problem identification and resolution, monitoring of and reporting on progress against plans, stakeholder management.
- Lead and Motivate teams, making sure there is a plan to work to
- Encourage collaboration and team ethic, communicate, and focus on what is most important
- Facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Be proactive in managing dependencies, overcome impediments and get the best value within constraints and boundaries
- Provide clear and sound direction to enable decisions to be made quickly as circumstances
- The Agile Delivery Manager in Digital Delivery leads a team that forms part of a wider programme of work and is therefore responsible for providing timely information on progress, resourcing and impediments to the Head of Delivery Management responsible for the programme of work to aid decision making across the programme of work.
- Be an active participant in the Delivery Management Community of Practice, providing relevant inputs and learnings and contributing to the continued development and enhancement of professional standards.
What the Delivery Manager will bring to the team
- Experienced Delivery Manager / Scrum Master with proven background in running cross functional agile teams. Experience of agile methodologies including SCRUM, Kanban, knowledge of DevOps
- Experience of leading teams delivering componentised solutions as part of a wider programme of delivery
- Evidence of having empowered technical teams to develop both personal and technical skills when delivering flexible new technologies to ensure that the team is constantly learning
- Evidence of communicating effectively across the wider organisation, understanding differing stakeholders for example technical/non-technical and political boundaries, understanding the context.
- Proven experience of leading technical delivery teams utilising automated delivery methodologies including automated development pipelines, automated testing etc
- Extensive background in providing accurate, timely information on progress, resourcing, and impediments to allow informed decision making
- Strong communication skills being able to engage with a range of key stakeholders at different levels across the organisation
It would be desirable if you also bring the following skills to the team:
- Experience of using data to aid decision making
- Experience of being part of a wider community of practice, using your own skills and knowledge to further the profession
- Life Cycle Perspective – Different phases of delivery
Here’s what the Successful Digital Delivery Test Engineer will receive in return:
- Flexible Working Scheme which has no core hours and can consider a host of working arrangements including part-time working
- Generous Pension Scheme with low employee contributions
- Office-wide bonus payments
- Excellent development opportunities
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 13209
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.