£44 - £50 per hour
about 2 months ago
20 December 2023
Design Approver - up to £50 per hour Inside IR35 - 6 Months (extensions highly likely) - Flintshire or Bristol - standard 35 hours across 4.5 days (working between 7-7) - Hybrid (60% on-site minimum - One stage interview - Sector: Aerospace and Defence
Yolk Recruitment is searching for a Design Approver to work with the world's leading Aerospace company that is at the forefront of space exploration and travel. You will join the Wing Plant Engineering Team.
This is fast fast-paced role that gives you the opportunity to work on modern and exciting aerospace projects not seen anywhere else in the UK.
The primary function of this role is to provide Engineering support to the Plant and its supply chain, enabling Wings to be delivered to the Final Assembly Lines. To identify improvements, undertake investigations and provide technical solutions via Structural and Systems modifications for Design For Cost, Rate and Quality improvements.
- You will be responsible for leading design investigations and formulating technical solutions for Manufacturing Non-Conformances and Design Investigations ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness and safety requirements are met.
- Liaise with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
- You will operate as a lead design engineer and must hold a design approval signatory in particular for manufacturing non-conformances (T200).
- Act as a focal point in leading and providing guidance on technical issues and governance
- Support technical mentoring for engineering team members.
- Currently holds Concession Design Approval (T200) or held it in the past
- Ability to deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly to all stakeholders.
Previous experience with an aerospace and defence company.
*It is desirable for this role to be performed in Flintshire however there is a possibility it can be performed from Bristol if all competencies and abilities can be demonstrated*