£35 - £40 per hour
about 1 month ago
£35-£40 per hour
6-12 month contract
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively partnered with a market disrupting mechanical engineering business, to help recruit a design engineer who has a precision engineering background. They are developing and improving their mechanical solutions to help positively impact the industry.
As the design engineer, you'll undertake varied design and development activities covering the whole product development life cycle, and act as a key member of a successful development team.
- Using 3D CAD software for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Being involved in final assembly of products
- Creating the required documentation for design as well as project reports/plans
- Updating 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the system creating BOMs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, Creo etc.
- Experience with highly complex engineering systems and precision engineering would be beneficial
- Knowledge of materials - sheet metal, injection moulded plastics etc.
- Knowledge of core principles and tight tolerances
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
Rate in line with experience.
If you have an interest in this position or would like to discuss other mechanical design engineering skills you hold, please do reach out.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.