£25000 - £31000 per annum
about 1 month ago
£25,000 - £31,000
This leading creative design and manufacturing business makes imaginative concepts a reality for creative industries around the world, operating from an impressive new facility in Cardiff, developed to accommodate their continued growth.
We’re looking for an experienced Design Engineer who’ll help bring beautiful ideas to life, creating 3D and 2D models and drawings necessary to illustrate project to clients or for fabrication, and contributing to the full project by mind mapping, problem solving, and related support activities. This role offers interesting and engaging work, an environment that encouraged creativity, and proven progression opportunities.
Experience working with AutoCAD and designing or working with timber and sheet metal is advantageous, as is an understanding of design for flat bed CNC or laser cutting equipment.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Attend client meetings where required to provide input on project design
- Create 3D models and drawings necessary to fabricate projects
- Create 3D models and drawings necessary to illustrate projects to clients
- Prepare bill of materials for fabrication in workshop
- Prepare 2D drawings for CNC and Laser Cutting
- Prepare 3D models for printing or milling
- Ensure design schedule is adhered to by completing drawings within allocated timeframes
- Distribute drawings for approval prior to fabrication, and for manufacture once approved
- Maintain record of drawing revisions
- Prepare drawings or designs for outsourcing to laser cutters, printers or other sub-contractors
- Instruct structural engineers where required to provide necessary structural calculations to suit design
- Answer questions and adjust design throughout fabrication process
- Ensure final fabrication meets design criteria
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience of creative problem solving
- Experience working with similar materials or manufacturing methods advantageous
- A salary of £25,000 - £31,000 depending on experience
- Overtime / Time in lieu available
- Company pension
- 28 days holidays
- Annual salary review
- The opportunity to work with successful creatives on exciting projects recognised around the world!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.