£38 - £48 per hour
13 days ago
30 October 2049
Filton, Hybrid potential
£38 - £48 Umbrella
12 month contract – one stage interview - INSIDE IR35
BPSS Clearance required
Yolk Recruitment have a number of new contract opportunities for experienced Design Engineers with one of the world’s most successful aerospace businesses. You’ll be joining as a Structures Designer within the Wing Design department and Commercial Division, enabling, supporting and delivering to current programmes to Time, Cost and Quality. You’ll improve the performance and competitiveness of existing products and develop wings of the future. This position offers the opportunity to develop multidisciplinary skills by working on the following subjects:
- Component design
- Structure architecture
- Systems and Equipment Integration
- Movable Integration
- Aircraft and Industrial Performance
- Delivering design engineering tasks and projects to quality, working with both the Technical and Project leaders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Support design investigations where required to enable DFM milestones to be met to time, cost & quality.
- Integration of the solutions within the Wing as well as other systems and structures of the Aircraft.
- Technical risk identification and mitigation support.
- Innovation in design and solution of technical challenges.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team (ME, Systems Installation, Procurement, Quality, Programme etc) to deliver an optimised solution for the business/customer.
- Adherence to Airbus Processes & Procedures with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of the detailed development of metallic or composite structures.
- A high level of proficiency with Catia V5 or V6. Airbus Methods training is beneficial, but not essential.
- Knowledge of product structures, 2D/3D definition dossiers and configuration management.
- Keen to learn about broader technical and non-technical aspects of product development and delivery.
- Able to influence and collaborate to deliver the optimal solutions, either as part of a team or autonomously.
- Able to take ownership of your activities and support your team members by making commitments that you work hard to uphold.
- Able to adapt your message to different audiences and people with different perspectives, with a willingness to take on feedback and to change course when required.
- Curious and innovative with a willingness to challenge the norm and learn/continuous improve.
- Honest, transparent and supportive of their colleagues.
- Ideally knowledgeable of Wing Structures, but not a pre-requisite.
- Willing to travel occasionally, depending upon business needs.
- A challenging environment where you will be given the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Working in a team that supports each other and looks to have fun along the way.
- £38-£42 per hour Umbrella (Non Approver Status)
- £42-£48 per hour Umbrella (Approver Status)
- Extensions likely
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.