Developer Support Engineer
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Software Support Engineer | Up to £40,000 + Bonus (Up to 20%) | Cardiff | Mostly Remote | Fintech | 2 Stage Interview Process
Yolk Recruitment are working with one of South Wales's fastest growing fintech's their expanding their engineering team to assist on multiple upcoming greenfield projects & as part of that are looking for an experienced software / application support engineer to join.
As Software Support Engineer you will be responsible for keeping the companies platforms & applications running smoothly responding to tickets & fixing bugs & issues where possible. To be successful you will need experience in application or software support & some exposure to coding in C#.
Where possible the company look to promote from within & will be happy to provide training for the right candidate to move towards a developer position so whats really important is that you have an willingness & ability to learn new technologies & progress your career.
They are based in Cardiff & operate a mostly remote working policy with 1-2 days per month in the office.
- Monitoring insights and alerts in production to identify issues proactively.
- Responding to internal support requests, working with the squad to identify and fix issues as they arise, and keeping reporter up to date.
- Fixing bugs where appropriate and helping to reduce technical debt.
- Assisting in release processes with squad tech leads, product owners, and automation testers.
- Implementing tools to reduce manual repetitive tasks, and improve developer experience.
- Experience in a similar application or software focused support role.
- Light experience in coding using C# / .NET.
- Familiarity with Scrum / Agile working.
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies & cloud computing (Azure).
- Ability & willingness to learn new technologies & ways of working.
- Salary up to £40,000.
- Bonus of up to 20%.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- remote & Flexible Working Options.
Got your attention?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Ryan Harris at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*
'Yolk Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Yolk Recruitment Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.