£56000.00 - £67000.00 per annum + 27.9% pension contribution
14 days ago
22 October 2022
DevOps Specialist Lead - Remote offered - £56,000 to £67,000
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a large public sector organisation to recruit a DevOps Specialist Lead to join an organisation which depends on its IT services to operate and innovate effectively.
To provide up to date services to our systems need to be continually developed, improved, and maintained. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring the core applications are reviewed and continually improved.
They are offering a salary of £60,00 with an employer pension contribution of 27.9% and a strong focus on learning and development opportunities. They offer hybrid working with no set rule of an office working pattern. Their offices are based in Newport.
Candidates must have lived in the UK for the past 5 years
What the DevOps Specialist Lead will be doing
In this role you will utilise skills, knowledge, and experience to work more broadly across projects and the organisation to assure standards, promote strategic approach and coach/mentor across the profession and wider organisation.
- Provides DevOps technical leadership, guidance, and support for the broader DevOps community.
- Provide DevOps technical leadership to project delivery teams, identifying and selecting appropriate DevOps technical solutions based on user needs and business requirements
- Work in one or many cross-functional teams to lead DevOps expertise and decision making across the whole software delivery lifecycle
What the successful DevOps Specialist Lead will bring to the team
You will need a strong understanding of DevOps principles and experience of working in a DevOps or iterative development culture.
- Development or scripting experience in one or more of the following: Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Substantial experience supporting the build and deployment of, or coding in one or more of the following or equivalent: Python, Java, .Net Core / C#
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform
- Experience in containerisation technologies and platforms such as Docker or Azure container services such as Azure App Services, Azure Functions or Azure Container Registry or equivalent.
- Leadership and mentoring skills
Here's What You'll Get in Return
The successful DevOps Specialist Lead will be rewarded with:
- Salary of around £56,000 to £67,000
- Employer pension contribution of 27.9%
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working
Think this one's for you
If you think this DevOps Specialist Lead opportunity is for you then apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.