£32206 - £40136 per annum
about 1 month ago
Working for a large and modern public sector organisation based in Newport, we are looking for a skilled Digital Delivery Test Engineer to join their team working mainly remote. If you have an appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies for delivering high quality IT services then we want to hear from you!
What the Digital Delivery Test Engineer will be doing
As a Digital Delivery Test Engineer, you will work within a multi-disciplinary squad using several technologies to build enterprise grade services. You will be expected to be proactive and take accountability for assigned deliveries. The role will also require the investigation, diagnosis and fix of any system issues. Opportunities to contribute to the technical strategy are also available.
What the Digital Delivery Test Engineer will be responsible for
- Be responsible for the design, coding, testing and documentation for robust, scalable and reusables solutions that deliver exceptional user experience using DevOps best practice
- Assist in implementing toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- Build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- Identify, incidents, risks and issues in line with ITIL standards
- Work closely with software developers to reach a common understanding of the code base and test coverage at unit level
- Keeping an open mind and exploring innovative ways to solve problems, working in a fail-fast fashion to provide required functionality.
What the Digital Delivery Test Engineer will bring to the team
- Experience in delivering technical solutions
- Good understanding of a mainstream automation testing framework such as
- Experience in a mainstream development language
- Experience in Web Services, REST
- Experience with modern delivery models such as Scrum and Agile
- Understanding of DevOps principles
It would be desirable if you also bring the following skills to the team:
- Experience with API Automation tools, such as Java, Serenity, BDD-Cucumber, Spring Boot and Rest-Assured
- Experience with API Performance Testing – JMeter/Java
- Experience with End-to-End automation – Serenity, Selenium-Web driver/Java
- Experience with running API Test Manually using tools such as PostMan
- Experience with Java and Spring
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with SQL Server 2012+
- Experience with Git or another source control tool
- Flexible Working Scheme which has no core hours and can consider a host of working arrangements including part-time working
- Generous Pension Scheme with low employee contributions
- Office-wide bonus payments
Up for the challenge?
If you think this vacancy sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 13209
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.