7 months ago
Divisional Business Executive
A UK top-100 Law firm in the Cardiff City Centre are looking for a Divisional Business Executive to join their growing team. The aim of this role is to support the Divisional Business Executive so they can focus on the design and implementation of Divisional strategy and operational excellence alongside the firm’s strategic objectives.
This is a full time, permanent position paying circa £35,000. Part Time will also be considered.
You will be required to work from London 1-2 days per week (Expenses Paid)
This is what you’ll be doing
Provide effective, professional support to the Divisional Business Manager and where appropriate the wider Divisional Management Team. Key duties include:
- Undertaking divisional administration tasks for example amending documents, creating reports and presentations, proof reading, organising divisional events and team meetings etc.
- Supporting the DBM in leading and managing initiatives/small projects within the division. Taking on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
- Working with direction from DBM and DMP on the development, reporting and monitoring of key management information, collaborating with Finance teams to provide timely and accurate data to support decision making.
- Conducting data collection and analysis to assist DBM with key annual processes, for example budgeting, pay reviews, rate and work type reviews, business planning, appraisals and objective setting. Following up and reporting to partners on progress.
- Supporting the DBM in the co-ordination of firm-wide projects including financial management, IT projects, people priorities, collaboration between practice and sector groups, service delivery and operational matters (e.g. premises planning).
- Developing divisional communications for example yammer feeds, divisional updates, preparation of meeting schedules, agenda and materials, making meeting arrangements, presenting at meetings under the guidance of the DBM.
- Supporting DBM and firm’s Working Capital Management Team to ensure effective and efficient billing process each month and supporting credit control efforts when necessary.
- Supporting the DBM and Divisional HR team with HR related projects and admin when needed.
- Co-ordinating client and other external secondment requests, seeking guidance from DMP, DBM and appropriate Partners as needed, dealing with initial queries, developing options, seeking approval and documenting arrangements, liaising with HR, BD and Finance to ensure records up to date and staff are looked after.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of working in a dynamic, professional environment
- Pro-active approach to ensuring that all relevant work is completed in a timely manner;
- Strong analytical skills, able to collect, manipulate, analyse and present data from systems and pre-existing reports.
- Experience or knowledge of document management systems would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience level
And this is what you’ll get in return
A fantastic range of benefits including - Annual Salary Review – 1 June; Private Healthcare Cover with BUPA; Gym Subsidy; Corporate Gym Membership with Fitness First; Interest-free Season Ticket Loan (after three months’ service); Workplace nursery provision scheme via salary sacrifice (TEDS); 25 days holiday entitlement (rising to 30 days holiday after 5 years’ service) and many more!!
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with Becca Selby on either email@example.com or 02921 673748.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.