£45000.00 - £45800.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Yolk Recruitment is on the hunt for a talented Electrical/Automation Engineer to join our clients team in the southwest area. Our client is a leading European manufacturer with a turnover of over 2.5 billion Euros. They have a strong presence in the UK and are a major supplier of ambient fruit-based conserves and chilled yogurts and desserts. In 2008, our client acquired a site in Somerset and heavily invested in new, state-of-the-art production lines, which are unique in the market.
The company has experienced rapid growth, becoming one of the top top 150 UK food and drink business' in 2020. This growth has been driven across both the preserves and desserts categories through the success of their internationally famous brand as well as an extensive private label activity. The products are either imported or produced in the dedicated manufacturing site in the Southwest of England. There is an ambitious investment plan for the coming years, and our client is committed to innovation, quality, and consumer satisfaction.
- Maintain efficient operation of the Site Automation/Electrical equipment (Industrial) and ensure that staff are fully trained and conversant in all current and future software automation.
- Set up and manage control of site software and automation equipment's.
- Ensure that the site has a robust, reliable operating platform and that adequate procedures and training are in place to recover from any potential failures.
- Support engineering team with fault findings on complex issues.
- Ensure effective handover of work and communications between engineering shifts, assessing the situation and if required stay to resolve issues to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Support site engineering teams in monitoring site processing so as to identify potential savings and advise on the efficient use of the plant.
- Work with departmental leaders to ensure all work is completed in a manner that minimizes downtime and impact on site production.
- Work with external bodies to improve the reliability and effectiveness of plant equipment.
- Communicate clearly to all relevant staff on changes, including change control and roll back plan documentation.
- Provide innovation friendly answers to standing site issues.
- Manage working areas (Test bench and spares) keeping them clean and tidy at all times.
- Carry out general electrical maintenance work such as control panels and rewiring as required.
- Good automation knowledge of PLC & HMI & ASI & I/O link, Network, control panels & rewiring.
- Excellent fault-finding and root cause analysis skills.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and legislation requirements.
- Comfortable in autonomous decision-making and team working.
- Experience in general electrical maintenance work such as control panels, rewiring, invertors, sensors, valves and installations.
- Competitive salary + benefits package.
- Market leader in their products and sector.
- Company pension 6% employer contribution.
- 25 days holiday + 8 lieu days.
- Company sick pay after qualifying period.
- 4 x Death in Service.
- Long service recognition.
- Well being - Free eye tests, £90 towards prescription glasses and free flu jabs.
Are you what we're looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Rhys Cogan.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.