£40000 - £43000 per annum, Benefits: Overtime at an advanced rate, Bonus’ and other benefits.
02922 260 611
27 days ago
01 July 2022
Yolk is working with an exclusive client who are currently recruiting for an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician. The company are a dynamic company who look to make a difference and are a global leader in the field who are based in Chepstow and are looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to work on a day’s based with a real opportunity to progress through succession planning.
If this Days based opportunity sounds like you then apply and continue to read.
This is what you’ll be doing.
As an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician you’ll be reporting into the Engineering Manager, being able to communicate your Electrical and Automation knowledge to colleagues and also demonstrate an expertise in this field. As the electrical and automation expert you will be the next level of assistance for engineers confronted with unknown electrical problems. You will be asked to help with the reduction of downtime due to equipment failure, ensuring machine uptime and improvements are enabling effective performance. You will be driving improvements, implementing solutions to problems, and taking responsibility for electrical faults/improvements.
Based on site in you will have a bulk of main tasks that will include:
- Communicating and showing electrical & automation expertise.
- Develop, prepare, and submit improvement proposals and maintenance schedules.
- Ensure that maintenance/reliability programmes and project upgrades are carried out efficiently and to engineering standards/budgets.
- Investigate and correct electrical/software problems.
- Liaising with maintenance team to ensure frameworks and process are in place thus optimising the plants availability for production.
- Ensure electrical software is backed up and documentation is up to date.
- Responsible for compliance of breakdowns are completed.
- Organise and control contractors of both site maintenance and refurbishments/modifications.
- Be a key member of the operational team and assist with hitting engineering KPI’s.
- You will be an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician with over 4 years of experience in this position or as a maintenance engineer.
- Strong technical knowledge of electrical, process control and systems engineering.
- A basic knowledge of mechanical engineering, knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems is desirable.
- Previous experience with programming PLC systems (Siemens) and knowledge of SCADA/MMI systems.
- Knowledge of low voltage and medium voltage systems.
- Knowledge of AC/DC motor drives as well as VSD.
- IOSH is advantageous.
- HNC qualification in electrical engineering or something around electrical engineering.
- I.T. literacy.
- Experience of CMMS systems.
- Past project management experience will be highly advantageous but not necessary.
And this is what you’ll get in return.
A competitive salary of up to £43,000 per annum, Overtime at an advanced rate, Bonus’ and other benefits.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones on either Joshua.email@example.com or call on 07794974548.
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*