£56 - £58 per hour
about 1 month ago
Electrical Design Engineer - £58 per hour inside ir35 (overtime available) - 12 months (extension highly likely) - Hertfordshire - onsite working - one stage interview - Sector: Aerospace / Defence
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to work with a leader in the defence sector working on cutting edge aerospace systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with other engineers who have a collective wealth of experience across a wide range technologies and products and are happy to share their knowledge to support one another.
Due to the security nature of this project, SC security clearance must be obtained before starting the position if not currently held.
You will be responsible for developing cutting-edge electronic solutions for aerospace / defence systems. This will include on board defence sub-systems and Land, Sea and Air based defence Units. Your role will entail responsibility for the quality and performance of the electronic solution together with providing cost and schedule updates to a project manager.
You will have a track record in electronic design capability throughout the product life cycle, i.e. early concept through to production. The technical solutions you will implement will range across the Power and Analogue Electronics sphere of expertise and will be at both sub-system and board level.
This role will require you to liaise with other domains, e.g. Software, Firmware, Mechanical, Environmental, EMC etc. to ensure your designs perform in all respects to the requirements placed upon you. In so doing you will be key to delivering world class missile solutions to our customers.
- Must be eligible and complete an SC security clearance before starting the positions.
- Can demonstrate the capability to lead significant electronic design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- Strong communication skills
- Hold a current SC security clearance.
- Hold a HNC / NVQ level 3