Up to £45600.00 per annum
19 days ago
16 December 2023
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Continental Shift Pattern £45,000 per annum
This Successful business is looking to add an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to their growing team.
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will provide a comprehensive maintenance / electrical breakdown service and support to the relevant department functions of the mill, which will enable the department to operate at a level of availability and performance within agreed standards.
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, what you'll be doing:
- Identifying failure modes of plant equipment and returning the equipment to operation safely and in a reasonable timescale.
- Diagnosing and repairing equipment breakdowns.
- To liaise with engineering day teams to identify and resolve long-term engineering issues.
- To follow up all shift reports, SAP and other inspection reports detailing corrective actions.
- Locating spare parts using the maintenance management system. Collecting and returning spares to stores.
- Identifying failure modes of electrical equipment and making recommendations to prevent further failures.
- Obtaining maintenance schedules from the maintenance management system (SAP) and feeding back work carried out. Work arising to be recorded using notifications.
- To carry out preventive maintenance routines, including the following:
- Motor brush replacement and set up.
- Investigate and rectify all electrical faults.
What we'll need from you:
- The job holder will have a sound knowledge of electrical engineering principles with a comprehensive understanding of fitting, turning and general fabrication, rigging and lifting of heavy loads.
- Candidates should possess a formal technical qualification in Electrical Engineering and be familiar with the 17th Edition IEE Regulations.
- General knowledge of working with motor control, instrumentation, PLC's and modern drives systems in a continuous process industry.
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and the application of continuous process environment.
- Strong Drive, Motivation and Commitment: the extent to which the individual is self-starting and self-motivated and the degree and consistency of energy / enthusiasm which is committed in the pursuit of objectives and business goals.
- The post holder should have good analytical skills and the ability to assimilate, organise and analyse pertinent information for logic based problem solving.
- Able to communicate in clear concise manner, both in writing and orally.
- Computer literate with practical experience of CMMS systems.
- A team worker, with a flexible approach to work.
What you'll get in return:
- A £45,000 Salary
- A 4 on 4 off shift pattern with 17 consecutive days off after 7 shift cycles
- Generous holiday allowance
- Opportunities for career progression
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension scheme
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.