£35 - £39 per hour
02921 67 37 46
13 days ago
11 February 2022
We are on the lookout for an Electrical Systems Engineer to join our client within the Defence domain.
- Current hands-on experience of writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft tests from the Central Checkout System (CCS). Knowledge of Elisa and/or Open Center would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UDMS scripting would be an advantage.
- Spacecraft systems and subsystem technical knowledge and awareness, e.g. Data Handling, Packet Utilisation Standard, Data Bus Communications – 1553, Spacewire, RF system, Power systems, batteries, Solar Arrays, Thermal Control, heaters, thermostats and FDIR.
- Experience in testing of flight instrument (radar in this case) at spacecraft system level.
- Ability to interface with a remote design and test team during preparation of spacecraft level scientific payload integration and test.
- Spacecraft electrical system knowledge
- Awareness of ‘cleanroom’ disciplines.
- Willing to support shifts if required. (Potentially travel to Europe for test campaign).
- Electrical/Spacecraft Systems fault investigation and test sequence debug.
- Preparing test procedure and sequences from test specifications, writing test reports and supporting test and non-conformance reviews.
- Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical measurements, e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, current probes, Data acquisition unit, data bus monitors (1553 MilBus probes/analysers).
- Experience of electrical integration of equipment on a spacecraft.
- Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
- Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
- Experience of environmental and launch test campaigns.
- Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Programming and scripting languages, in particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA