£50 - £52 per hour
about 1 month ago
Electronics Design Engineer
£50ph +33% uplift - inside IR35
6 Months Contract - On Site, Bristol
Yolk Recruitment is exclusively working with the largest British defence company to help provide resource for their large workload. They are recognised for their innovation and technological expertise within the defence industry.
They have a relationship with the UK military which spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
- You will be responsible for developing cutting-edge electronic solutions for weapon systems.
- This will include on board missile sub-systems and Land, Sea and Air based Firing Units. Your role will entail responsibility for the quality and performance of the electronic solution together with providing cost and schedule updates to a project manager.
- You will have a sound track record in electronic design capability throughout the product life cycle, i.e. early concept through to production.
- The technical solutions you will implement will range across the Power and Analogue Electronics sphere of expertise and will be at both sub-system and board level.
- Demonstrate the capability to lead significant electronic design work packages
- Have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
And this is what you'll get in return:
- A competitive market rate
- Flexible working (7am - 7pm hours)
- Stability - projects tend to be as long as 5 years, potential for a long-standing relationship.
Are you up to the challenge?
Please apply with a CV and your expressed interest. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.