Competitive Salary DOE
about 1 month ago
Electronic Project Systems Engineer
A new opportunity has been created to play a key role in driving change and continuous improvement activities with this innovative and dynamic medical device manufacturing business that is operating at the cutting edge of its field and developing next generation products that have an enormous impact on people’s lives. The company is offers security, flexibility, autonomy and a varied and rewarding role that will give you complete freedom to choose and lead a broad range of manufacturing improvement projects.
This is a wide-ranging and pivotal role in the business, working closely with Manufacturing, Quality, Product Development and Supply Chain teams, bridging the gap between R&D and Manufacturing where you’ll determine and lead projects yourself, pull together teams of experts or engage external suppliers to deliver. You’ll need a strong electronic/electrical background and will have an understanding and appreciation of mechanical and/or software sufficient to engage with stakeholders and drive projects forward.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Leading business improvement projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing NPIs and taking products from Development through into Manufacturing
- Cross functional leadership and management of multi-disciplined project teams
- Identify and lead improvements / optimisation in manufacturing processes to eliminate WASTE, improving quality and all aspect of productivity (QCD)
- Close liaison with Product Development and Quality to facilitate changes to product, processes and procedures.
- Lead and manage through the QMS all product changes, process and procedural improvements in manufacturing as well as sub-contract / outsourced manufacturers.
- Working closely with the Supply Chain management team define and manage product enhancements
- Seek and implement opportunities to introduce new jigs, fixtures, assembly techniques and optimised test methods to improve quality, repeatability and productivity.
- Develop strong working relationships with other business functions, suppliers and sub-contract / outsourced manufacturers
- Engage with suppliers and sub-contract / outsourced manufacturers to evaluate and adopt any product or process improvements that they suggest for improving design for manufacture
- Constantly challenge the prevailing bureaucracy of the QMS seeking ways to change, streamline and optimise, whilst ensuring adherence and compliance to all regulatory or quality standards.
- Challenging all prevailing norms, behave and act as a change agent, promoting change as a positive necessity, providing strong leadership and support in all areas
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Strong Project and Programme Management skills
- Strong leadership in a highly technical engineering environment
- Experience designing/developing electronic and mechanical devices
- Experience of process and design FMEA, design for manufacture, design for test, design for procurement.
- Value Analysis / Value Engineering
- Experience of managing / working closely with cross functional teams .
- Excellent skills relating to product quality, including inspection of parts, sub-assemblies and finished devices.
- Excellent engineering and root cause analysis problems solving skills (Product and process Validation and Verification knowledge.
- Degree qualified or equivalent skills from a mechanical, electronic, manufacturing, product engineering-based discipline.
- Experienced working in a highly regulated industry – medical, aerospace, automotive
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A market leading salary, dependant on experience
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution pension
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated engineering team in one of Wales’ most exciting businesses!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.