Electronics and Software Design Manager
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Electronics & Software Design Manager / Cardiff / £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Yolk recruitment are working with a global medical device company who focus on providing innovative solutions for their patients and the professionals who care for them.
The UK based manufacturer is a global leading provider of high quality and innovative medical equipment and due to continued growth are now looking to add to their office in Cardiff, offering a fantastic chance to join a dynamic and motivated development team as the Electronics & Software Design Manager.
This is what you'll be doing
* Managing and motivating the Electronics and S/W Engineering Team staff to plan, prioritise and schedule tasks ensuring delivery dates are met
* Liaise and coordinate with third parties such as suppliers, partnered organisations, end users and regulatory approval organisations
* To ensure engineering activities are carried out in accordance with company QA procedures, ISO9001, EN46001, ISO13485, Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and FDA QSR820 requirements.
* The review of product design, verification and validation activities including the review and approval of project documentation.
* Authorisation of change notes
* Authorisation of engineering expenditure, up to a set monetary limit.
* Project management and coordination, including the generation of regular progress reports for local and group level.
* Responsible for the recruitment of new staff.
* Responsible for minimising 'Time to Market' by continuous review of design tools and processes.
This is what you'll bring to the team
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Electronics or S/W engineering or science
* Experience in commercial product design and at least 4 years in Technical leadership role
* Track record of managing people and project teams with multi-disciplinary personnel in a regulated environment
* A team player able to demonstrate excellent technical management and project management skills
* Enthusiastic for the delivery of project requirements and leading complex developments providing direction and solving problems
* Knowledge and experience of adhering to the regulations concerning medical devices e.g. formal design control, risk management, useability engineering
Apply now for more details
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.