£50 - £58 per hour
11 days ago
13 April 2023
ELECTRONIC DESIGN ENGINEER - INSIDE IR35 - Up to £58 per hour - SC Cleared or Willing to Undergo - 12 MONTHS - BOLTON - SINGLE STAGE INTERVIEW
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer to join our client on an initial 12 month deal from Bolton with our client in the defence industry.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for experienced Electronic Design Engineers to play a leading role in the support of production activities at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Bolton. You will act as the interface between our design teams in Stevenage and our manufacturing teams in Bolton.
Whilst the primary aim is focused on highly advanced module missile programmes, there is also scope to work on other unique opportunities, offering the right candidate a true engineering challenge in their core discipline.
- Conducting Technical investigations on Prime Hardware or Test Equipment
- Evaluating issues and proposing and delivering design changes
- Supporting the Manufacturing teams to enable the continuation of production
- Liaising with Design teams to ensure route cause and corrective actions are implemented
- Obsolescence investigations and preventative design changes
- Designing test equipment and solutions to aid in the manufacturing process
- Significant proven experience in the design of Digital and Analogue electronics, preferably in the defence industry, (but not essential). Experience of switch mode power supplies would also be an advantage, (but not essential).
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Work well in a multifunctional and multi-skilled team environment, supporting knowledge transfer to/from colleagues
- You'll be prepared to work autonomously if needed, lead the delivery of your work assignments, and actively engage with stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of your outputs.
- Experience in supporting manufacturing and resolving manufacturing issues is an advantage, but not essential.
- Finally, we are looking for someone who has a record of accomplishment of on-time delivery along with good verbal and written communication skills.