£30,000 - £48,000
10 months ago
A growing design and manufacturing business that creates environmental savings for a global customer base has successfully expanded into new sectors, creating additional opportunities for skilled Electronics Engineers to join their team.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Driving development and innovation taking on responsibility for product electronic designs and prototyping.
- Develop + test solutions to problems to ensure product quality.
- Identify and recommend product improvements to improve technical performance.
- Understanding, compiling and managing the implementation of customer requirements flow for hardware design through to internal and external suppliers.
- Carrying out acceptance activities for products submitted by supplier organisations.
- Leading the qualification, test, and requirements management aspects of physical design, including EMC and radio performance.
- Mentoring and assisting more junior members of the team in the execution of their duties.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Occasionally travelling within the UK and abroad
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Your skill set will include elements of the following
- Experience in both analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design, includingMicrocontrollers, low power design, high-speed digital design, designing for low cost/high volume and lithium battery power management.
- Experience of simulation using Spice as well as schematic capture, PCB layout and library management (Altium or similar).
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision on multiple simultaneous projects as a part of a small team of Engineers
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing (producing design documentation)
- A knowledge of compliance requirements – CE, FCC etc
- Experience working in the design, implementation and testing of algorithms and digital signal processing.
- Strong embedded firmware skills in C.
- Strong modelling and analytical skills in MATLAB or similar.
- Radio system and antenna design including certification.
- Design-in experience with microcontrollers such as ARM, AVR or MSP430.
- Experience with GSM/GPRS technology.
- Power converter systems design.
- Audio systems design
- Experience of designing products for intrinsic safety (ATEX, IECEx, Hazloc).
There are also some must haves:
- Qualifications in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Experience in both analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A generous salary depending on experience, £30,000 - £55,000
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.