£30,000 - £40,000
19 days ago
05 November 2020
Electronics Production & Test Support Engineer
£30,000 - £38,000
A new Electronics Production Support Engineer position has been created with a rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing business that dominates its high growth market and is continuing to invest in all areas of the business to push forward its competitive edge. While market conditions are challenging elsewhere this company has continued to thrive, has secured additional state of the art facilities in South Wales and expansion internationally is imminent. This opportunity offers not just the security that comes with being a long standing market leader in a high growth sector, but a role that makes a significant impact to the business, with the opportunity to be a part of a highly skilled team of engineers facing a broad range of interesting engineering challenges.
This is a bench focused role carrying out a broad range of testing and identifying cost down and continuous design improvements.
As Electronics Production & Test Support Engineer this is what you’ll be doing:
- Working with colleagues in Production and Supply Chain you’ll identify, test and approve the use of alternative parts.
- Working with Manufacturing teams to improve the design of electronics product assemblies in production.
- Identifying potential cost reductions in the design, process and supply of electronics product assemblies.
- Liaising with production supply chain to agree cost down proposals.
- Design and specify cost down circuits and components to meet existing design requirements
- Plan and execute verification activities to ensure product integrity
- Ensure cost down improvements are implemented through the change process.
The successful Electronics Production & Test Support Engineer will bring the following experience to the team:
- Electronic Design experience
- Electronic Test experience
- Proven bench skills, including soldering
The successful Electronics Production & Test Support Engineer will receive:
- Competitive salary
- A range of working hours to select from to suit your home life
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Leading staff retention – low stress environment
- Free parking
- The opportunity to make a difference, working with a highly skilled and motivated engineering team in one of Wales’ most exciting engineering businesses!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in the role of Electronics Production & Test Support Engineer apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.