£0 - £23.77 per hour
02921 673 757
7 months ago
Liquid error: internal
3 month contract
This is an exciting opportunity to represent members on all aspects of regulatory law and dealing with a wide variety of cases
What you’ll be doing as a Legal Officer
To work with a designated Senior Officer and assist them in the provision of services for members, activists and branches within the Eastern Region. This will include advice and representation on education, employment and professional practice matters for individuals and groups of members.
- Manage your own portfolio of member cases dealing with employment processes and issues and professional nursing advice, offering support, advice and representation as appropriate to member needs and policy.
- Support the Senior Officer in representing the company locally and strategically as required, working with employers, other trade unions and a range of stakeholders.
- Build relationships with member employers in order to negotiate effectively.
- Assist the Senior RCN Officer in working with employers and safety representatives to promote a positive safety culture and ensure that members work within safe and appropriate working environments.
- Liaise with other professional organisations and trade unions on areas of mutual concern or interest.
- Assist the Senior Officer in facilitating membership Learning and Development programmes.
- Assist the Senior Officer in supporting the activist Learning and Development programmes locally and be the focus for effective activist mentorship within the area.
- Assist the Senior Officer in supporting branches including recruitment and engagement activities.
What the successful Legal Officer will bring to the team
Knowledge of health and social care and issues that impact on nurses and HCA’s
Awareness of the NMC regulatory framework
Knowledge of best practice in relation to employment practices, equality and diversity and equal opportunities
Knowledge of trade union and healthcare organisations
An understanding of issues affecting nurses, nursing and healthcare
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return as a Legal Officer
The successful Legal Officer will receive the following endless benefits:
- £43 263
- 35 Hours per week
- Home based - some office and member visits
Think this one’s for you
If you think this Legal Officer role is for you then apply online to Nikki Fisher at Yolk Recruitment