£45000 per annum, Benefits: Annual salary review, bonus, professional & career development, good pension & holidays
about 2 months ago
Yolk Engineering is exclusively managing a new opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager to join this rapidly expanding engineering and manufacturing business.
The company truly dominates a high growth technical market, has experienced unrivalled growth in the recent years as a result, has continued to invest in all areas of the business to push forward an already advanced competitive edge and continued growth is certain.
As Engineering Project Manager you’ll support the end to end project management for operational projects. You’ll receive support from your peers and seniors, and a structured programme of training to ensure you’re given the best possible introduction to the business, before becoming confident working closely with Development, Engineering, Quality, Sales, Marketing and Production teams, and customers, and managing multiple projects.
Innovation is encouraged and you’ll be given the freedom to develop new ideas which help to continuously improve the operation in an exciting and mature environment. This is an opportunity to carve your own career path in a high growth business that values people and where the rewards for delivering are clear.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Lead the end-to-end project delivery of initiatives, working closely with subject matter experts and departmental leads
- Act as the link between the Development, Engineering and Operational functions to ensure successful transition into the production environment.
- Create and maintain the end-to-end project / programme plan, including highlighting the critical path and ensuring any variances that impact upon it are communicated to the Project Stakeholders
- Create and maintain of all project / programme level documentation (budget, risk & issues, resource, change, action, etc)
- Ensure all required input is gathered and collated from project/programme team to enable accurate reporting
- Coordinate, facilitate and document project planning meetings
- Coordinate, facilitate and document stage gate project team meetings to gather required input for stage gate meetings
- Coordinate, facilitate and document weekly / ad-hoc meetings with the project teams
- Work closely with the project team and department leads to ensure project lessons learnt are captured and fed into the appropriate feedback loop following project closure
- Liaise closely with subject matter experts and Department Lead(s) to ensure all project planning and reporting is understood and accurate, and any risks and/or issues are highlighted
- Actively identify, mitigate, and escalate any key risks associated with pipeline projects
- Work closely with key strategic customers to develop and deliver on their operational requirements.
- Manage the communication stream of information to our key strategic customers
- Work closely with the design and development functions and customer requirements to coordinate timely and accurate releases of Bills of Materials into the production process according to the market launch plans developed with the sales and marketing teams
- Help run the ‘Go to Market’ and ‘First Article Inspection reporting’ processes to successfully deliver new products to the market
- Own the Change Control process, tracking and driving changes through operational functions for timely implementation with minimal risk and waste incurred by the business.
- Experience of Project Management within Manufacturing, ideally of product development projects
- Project Management qualification, e.g. Prince 2, Agile, APM, PMQ etc
- Strong collaborative and stakeholder management skills
- Salary to £45,000 depending on experience
- Annual Salary review
- Company Bonus
- Ongoing professional development
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive holiday/pension package
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.