£53000 - £64000.00 per annum
16 days ago
05 October 2023
Engineering Shift Manager
Salary: £46,000 - £56,000 per annum plus shift allowance £7,785
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
About the Client: Our client, a prominent name in the manufacturing industry, is seeking an exceptional Engineering Shift Manager to join their team in Hereford. The client, known for their continuous investment in technology and automation, has experienced remarkable growth and is at the forefront of innovation in the FMCG sector.
About the Role: Are you a high-caliber Maintenance Engineer in the manufacturing industry looking for a fresh challenge? As an Engineering Shift Manager at our Hereford Factory, you will play a vital role in leading a team of Engineers and Apprentices. Operating on a 5-shift continental pattern, you will have regular opportunities for Engineering Projects, Continuous Improvement activities, and Training & Development.
Hours: 5 Week Shift Pattern
Purpose of the role: As an Engineering Shift Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the shift, ensuring a safe working environment while supporting all site activities. Your role will encompass management, welfare, training, and development of Shift Engineers.
- Lead and manage a team of Engineers and Apprentices, maintaining necessary administrative requirements.
- Oversee on-shift Engineering performance, including fast-moving production lines and factory Engineering activities, prioritizing safety.
- Understand engineering and operational KPIs and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure equipment is set up for shift start, operates at the required output, and lines are shut down correctly.
- Accountable for stock allocation and recording for machinery support, including parts replacement and sourcing.
- Manage tools allocated to the Shift.
- Maintain Workshop and outside areas to high standards.
- Champion an area of responsibility to support operations effectively.
- Drive improvements in area standards, with a focus on health and safety.
- Identify training needs within the Shift and provide coaching and development opportunities.
- Review equipment effectiveness data, PMs, and job coordination for weekend or daily plans.
- Lead and support improvement projects and initiatives.
- Produce Engineering Shift Reports.
What we are looking for:
- HNC certification or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in Engineering leadership.
- NEBOSH or IOSH certification.
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition certification.
- Instrumentation and process control experience.
- PLC experience.
- Air and pneumatics trained.
- Refrigeration experience.
What's in it for you? As an Engineering Shift Manager, you will enjoy a secure, supportive, and progressive working environment at our client. Your contributions and achievements will be recognized and rewarded. Benefits include a 6% pension, 31 days of holiday, life assurance, private medical health cover, and various lifestyle benefits.
A little about the client: Our client is one of the UK's largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to leading supermarkets and restaurants. A fully integrated business, they control the entire product supply chain, from feed mills, farms, hatcheries, and factories to associated transport and logistics functions. Their workforce of over 7,000 people is dedicated to investing in people, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and maintaining unwavering commitment to high quality and food standards.
If you're ready to thrive in a dynamic environment alongside talented individuals dedicated to delivering exceptional results, apply today! Join our client's team in Hereford and be part of their commitment to excellence in the food industry.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we're looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter Joshua Hallett.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you're perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.