Up to £64000.00 per annum
26 days ago
03 March 2024
£55,000 - £65,000 DoE
Continental Shift Pattern
This company is looking for a talented Maintenance Shift Manager to join their Engineering Team in Hereford. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Shift Manager or aspiring Team Lead to develop their career in a dynamic and supportive environment.
This renowned company stands as a pioneer in the culinary world. Their strong commitment to sustainable practices and culinary excellence has earned them a respected position within the food industry. They're devoted to providing delectable, plant-based options that cater to diverse consumer tastes while prioritizing environmental well-being.
As a Shift Manager, what you'll be doing:
- Lead and oversee a team of Engineers and Apprentices during a designated shift, ensuring all necessary administrative tasks are accurately recorded on the TMS.
- Take responsibility for the on-shift Engineering performance of a fast-moving production line and broader factory Engineering activities, prioritizing the safety of plant operations.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of engineering and operational KPIs, identifying areas for enhancement.
- Ensure equipment is properly set up before the shift, achieves the required output, and undergoes a correct shutdown process. Attend all SICs during the shift period.
- Accountable for the allocation and recording of stock used to support machinery, involving the request and sourcing of replacement or additional parts through close collaboration with stores, external suppliers, Engineering Planner, and Engineering Operations Manager.
- Manage and control tools assigned to the Shift.
What we'll need from you:
- HNC Certification or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Experience in Engineering leadership.
IEE 17th or 18th Edition.
- PLC experience.
Air and pneumatics trained.
What you'll get in return:
- 6% Pension
- 31 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Health Cover
- Subsidised Canteen
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.