£30000 - £34000 per annum
5 days ago
23 July 2022
Yolk recruitment is pleased to be exclusively recruiting a EHS coordinator for a nationwide manufacturer. My client offers growth, progression and development and this is the perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about sustainability and the world we live in today.
The role reports into the Maintenance and Health and Safety Manager and is a role which will offer you group exposure and will give you the chance to put forward your ideas across the board as well as improving and maintaining health and safety on the site.
This role is responsible for the coordination of Environment, Health Safety and Sustainability activities within the production facility through proactive management. To lead and develop a strong subject matter culture, one that delivers a safe and reliable operational environment.
What you will be doing as EHSS Coordinator:
- To review, manage and maintain the site Health and Safety Management System
- To specify and organize annual Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability monitoring in line with sites operating permits and legal requirements.
- Liaise with external interested parties including (but not exclusive to) Auditors, EHSS representative, local or national authorities, and consultants.
- Ensuring full compliance for statutory for site wide activities.
- Support the development and implementation of Climate Action and Sustainable packaging reduction programs.
- Promote hazard identification via a near miss process. Record and investigate all accidents and report on HSE website when applicable. Seeking target of zero accidents (aligned to KPI reporting).
- Work with departments to ensure adherence to requirements and auditable processes are in place. Support development of risk assessment and SOP’s
- Ensure all relevant EHS Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are up to date, accurate and communicated to relevant individuals.
- Support the development of risk assessments in conjunction with local department teams and consider how risks can be eliminated, reduced or controlled.
- Ensure any business requirements to uphold accreditations are supported and maintained. Support the development systems and process to achieve 45001 Accreditation.
- Develop and coach stakeholders to ensure ongoing EHSS credibility and capability.
- Coordination of legal compliance activities (PUWER, LOLER, COSHH, L8, Environmental Monitoring, SECR)
- Working with the warehouse team leader and ensure waste management processes are defined and followed.
The skills you will bring as EHSS Coordinator:
- Minimum of NVQ education in a relevant subject.
- IOSH Managing Safely and NEBOSH certificated with proven experience within an FMCG business.
- Environment and sustainability management awareness
- Auditor Trained i.e. ISO9001, FSSC 22000, ISO 18001, 14001 or 45001
- Excellent PC skills
And this is what you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday plus BH’s
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced pension contributions at a standard of 7% ER and 5% EE (this can be increased)
- Private Health care
- The chance to purchase an additional 1 weeks holiday per year
- Chance to holiday at our two holiday homes for free
- 5% annual bonus based on performance and business
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this EHSS role apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or calling me directly on 07458163362.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.