£25 - £29.13 per hour + INSIDE IR35
28 days ago
01 March 2024
Industrial Process Environmental Officer
An exciting opportunity exists to join our professional Plant Production Support Team in the temporary role of Industrial Process Environmental Officer.
The role will be responsible for delivering on and generating new environmental projects across the workstreams of CO2, Energy, Water, Waste and VOC within the scope of the Broughton Site.
The client adopts an Industrial Process Environmental Analysis (IPEA) approach which would be the responsibility of this role to coordinate in addition to supporting the implementation of the outcome.
The role will also include supporting employees with the implementation of their own ideas to improve environmental sustainability, via the embedded Employee Involvement Scheme.
Previous experience in CO2, Energy, Water, Waste or VOC management and reporting and associated link to emissions is preferred, similarly, previous experience in reduction projects and ideas generation.
Accountabilities and Main Activities
- Drive a 'safety first' culture in the team and be a 'champion for safety'.
- Ensure functional teamwork, especially guiding and motivating multi-functional teams (MFT) to support the Implementation of projects.
- Support the planning, monitoring and reporting to accomplish the delegated work for the workstream of responsibility in cooperation with the functional leader.
- Support continuous improvement in the designated workstream, in line with broader goals and objectives.
- Deliver all projects to Time, Cost and Quality to support the achievement of Broughton Sustainability and Environmental targets.
- Ensure the accomplishment of business activities in line with all relevant internal and external regulations/ legislation.
- Ensure the strategic and tactical alignment of all deliverables with key stakeholders.
- Put the company values & behaviours into practice by visibly demonstrating commitment to the values journey.
- Perform and record overall project lessons learned throughout.
Skills and Competencies
- Previous knowledge and experience in Energy/CO2/Water/Waste/VOC management and reporting (and associated emissions) would be desirable.
- Previous knowledge and experience in Energy/CO2/Water/Waste/VOC reduction projects/ idea generation
- Facilitation skills
- Data Management and visualization skills
- Structured, organized and focussed to deliver on time, cost and quality