£25000 - £28000 per annum
27 days ago
08 December 2023
Location: Cardiff and surrounding areas
Yolk Recruitment are working exclusively with a leading construction company to recruit for an Estimator in Cardiff. Been established since 1974, one of the leading organisations in Wales and a brand-new office building opening soon, you'll be joining an amazing team who are looking to continue their success and we'd love you to be part of the journey!
We are looking for candidates with estimator experience who have had experience in the pricing/costing in the construction industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an employer with ambitious growth plans, who encourage their employees to develop their skill set and work with autonomy as they look to help grow the company. There is plenty of opportunities for progression within the company.
As an estimator, you will be:
- Entering new jobs onto the system and setting up relevant files into folders.
- Taking the essential data from the inquiry and entering on the costing system.
- Carrying out Take-off's and using a variety of methods to create a schedule for pricing.
- Analysing the specification and pricing for alternatives.
- Working closely with the sales team to adjust quotes.
- Sending tenders to customers.
- Small work costings and ensure quotes have been sent in a timely manner.
Experience as an Estimator:
- Good knowledge of GP/Mark up %
- Time Management.
- Good IT and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Data Accuracy.
- Eye for details.
- Salary between £26k - £28k plus PB
- Very sociable hours working Monday to Friday 8-4pm.
- Free parking available on site and on nearby roads.
- Opportunity to develop skills through supported qualifications.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal-opportunity employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.