3 months ago
Estimator (Mechanical Engineering)
A new opportunity has been created for a Mechanical Engineer who can read engineering drawings and understands machining processes as an Estimator, helping the Estimating team to correctly price their work. The company is an innovative and market leading engineering business has a high value niche product that’s an essential component to a broad customer base operating in numerous sectors, so work will be varied and you’ll get to see your work from concept to delivery. You’ll be supported as you develop your understanding of the specialist work here and whether you’re already in this field or are currently hands on and looking for an opportunity to develop, there’s a path here to develop yourself and your expertise in a number of directions.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Work with customers to understand requirements from drawings and work with colleagues at all levels in the business to establish accurate machining routings, processes and times, calculating and negotiating appropriate costs.
- Manage key sub contract relationships and ensuring materials are on site to complete the work required.
- Carry out analysis of data around sales and costs, presenting that information internally.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A Mechanical qualification – apprenticeship, HNC, HND.
- An understanding of machining processes
- An aptitude for IT systems – ERP/CRM etc.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- 25 days + bank holidays
- 10 % Pension (5%/5%)
- Professional Development
- Proven career development opportunities
- Early finish Friday
- Free parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at email@example.com, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.