4 months ago
23 November 2021
We are working with a local constabulary who are looking for an Evidence Assistant on a 12-month FTC. The role will be responsible for correctly identifying items for Central Disposal and return to owner, in line with appropriate legislation.
This is what you will be doing as Evidence Assistant
- To review reviewed and weed evidential property ensuring It is retained or disposed of in accordance with force policy and legislation, ensuring preservation of evidence at all times.
- To highlight items of evidential property that is deemed to be suitable for central disposal in consultation with the OIC, and Property Project Co-Ordinator
- To highlight instances of non-compliance of Force Policies and Procedures relating to evidential property, which might damage the reputation of the force, lead to the loss of cases or appeals to the Property Project Co-Ordinator for escalation to the EPU Manager.
- To comply with force operating procedures for operation of equipment, ensuring compliance with statutory health and safety duties, and to report incident, accidents, faults to the Property Project Co-Ordinator.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a secure store’s environment
- An understanding of the seizure, preservation, storage and disposal of Evidential Property is desirable.
- An understanding of the criminal justice process in relation to the continuity and submission of court exhibits and the defence disclosure process is desirable.
- A good knowledge of stores administration, procedures and practices is desirable.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy items up to 25 kilos in weight.
What you’ll get in return
- Hourly rate of £10 an hour
- Great development
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role as Evidence Assistant - please get in touch. We also offer referral scheme for any candidates whose details have been passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Katie Phillips at Yolk Recruitment.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applicant we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. IF you gave not heard from us within 7 days of applying -then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.