11 months ago
Are you a motivated law graduate, with experience or a keen interest in Family Law? If so, a leading law firm, rated band 1 in the Chambers UK 2019 awards, is looking for you to join their thriving Family team, in their Kingswood office. Notably, this firm offer training contracts.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will provide support to the partner and fee earners within the Family department, on a maternity leave cover contract. However, there is the opportunity to progress within the firm following this.
- Exercise the highest level of client care at all times
- Interview clients and witnesses
- Prepare trial bundles and management of documents
- Draft applications to court, under supervision of the fee earner
- Attend court to issue legal documents and assist at trial
- Support in all areas of administration within the department
- Assist in all aspects of the accounts procedure, including preparation of bills
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- LLB law degree is essential
- LPC or trainee CILEX is desirable
- Previous experience in a family paralegal role is desirable
- A real interest in family law is essential
- Experience dealing with vulnerable clients is essential
- IT literate
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communicator
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 with length of service)
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Generous pension plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Summer and Christmas socials
- The opportunity to progress your legal career through a training contract or CILEX
Are you up to the challenge?
If you think you would fit in well with this firm or have any further questions, please contact Rebecca Bond at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673 719.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme, with £250 worth of shopping vouchers on offer, so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.