£28 - £33 per hour + INSIDE IR35
about 1 month ago
Our client are looking for an experienced financial accountant to join the team as they establish their new entity and scale up business activity. You will be part of a small team moving all accounting functions 'in-house'. There will be lots of opportunity to establish new processes to support a growing business. So flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges is essential.
You will work on month end close, regulatory and financial reporting, external audit, budget and forecast preparation. This role will be reporting to the Head of Financial Control and offers hybrid working, based at Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
This will be a very 'hands on' role as we move all accounting activity in-house and introduce new accounting systems
- Financial and GL Accounting
- Lead month-end and year-end close process
- Preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and variance analysis
- Preparation of regulatory reporting & government statistics
- Preparation of VAT & Tax returns
- Support AP, AR & purchase order approvals processes
- Lead external audit activity
- Support accounting for US legal entity
- Support the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proven experience as a financial accountant or similar role holding a recognised UK or US Accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA etc.)
- Demonstrable evidence of creating financial statements (UK GAAP or IFRS) from an extended trial balance (ETB) for a large entity (GBP £20m+ turnover)
- Demonstrable evidence of managing an audit for a large entity (GBP £20m+ turnover)
- Experience in developing and implementing appropriate financial controls
- You must have a flexible attitude to support additional requirements for this dynamic start up.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Prior experience with US GAAP reporting
- Experience using MS Dynamics or SAP
- Previous start up/scale up experience
- Experience with setting up or managing an Accounts Payable (AP) function
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of revenue recognition /accounting for Leases/Fixed asset accounting?
Requirements and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Prior experience with US GAAP reporting is desirable
- Experience using MS Dynamics or SAP is beneficial
- Previous start up/scale up experience is desirable