£45000 - £55000.00 per annum
10 days ago
15 October 2023
Are you a qualified accountant with a strong background in financial and management accounting? Do you possess excellent analytical and organisational skills? Are you ready to take on a pivotal role in a dynamic finance team? If so, we want you to join our team as a Financial Accountant!
As a Financial Accountant working with my dynamic, forward thinking and innovative client you will play a crucial role in processing, recording, maintaining, and reconciling accounts to prepare reports in compliance with established policies and procedures. You will be responsible for validating trial balances, monitoring overheads, assisting with inventory analysis, and maintaining cashflow forecasts. In addition, you will ensure compliance with international accounting standards, coordinate internal audits, and support budgeting and forecasting processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate trial balances for UK and German companies and report via the group reporting system.
- Monitor overheads, issue reports to departmental managers, and report on major variances.
- Assist with inventory analysis, valuation, reporting, and physical inventory verification.
- Maintain the weekly cashflow forecast to provide clear visibility of the company's cash position.
- Handle reporting of Leases under IFRS16.
- Manage the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Coordinate and perform monthly internal audit requirements and undertake annual self-declaration processes in line with group requirements.
- Prepare the annual corporation tax questionnaire for tax consultants.
- Handle submission of national statistics forms.
- Review reports for accuracy and meticulously trace errors back to their source for resolution.
- Complete regular and ad-hoc financial reports to meet the business's requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified accountant with an academic education to degree level.
- Full knowledge and understanding of relevant accounting conventions.
- Experience in both financial and management accounting roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Excellent computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel skills).
- Experience with M3 or a similar ERP system is essential.
- Manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Exceptional written and spoken English.