£40000 - £50000
10 months ago
Fire Alarm Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Fire Alarm Designer? Are you looking for a new rewarding challenge? Then look no further.
My client, a well-established fire alarm integrator based in Central London who offer fully integrated and bespoke systems which are at the forefront of fire alarm technology. The company has designed and installed fully integrated fire alarm systems into some of London’s most prestigious buildings.
The company have been established for over 10 years and are become one of London’s most renowned fire alarm integrator.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for designing fire life safety systems for application within the commercial end user sector.
- Design of fire alarm systems in accordance with BS5839
- Compliance check of Consultants base design
- Layout design and configuration of fire sensors and associated equipment
- Coordination of equipment with other M&E services and architectural/structural features
- Liaise with CAD Technicians for production of all drawings
- Internal checking of design drawings
- System architecture - developing system schematic diagrams
- Determine interface requirements with other services
- Production of equipment and Interface schedules
- Production of circuit load and battery backup calculations
- Development of system Cause & Effects operation and documentation
- Monitoring collaboration websites and liaising with architect/consultants/trade contractors for changes and updating design documents and drawings accordingly.
- Attendance of site design/coordination/progress meetings as required
- Attendance of client Factory Witness Tests as required
- Site Surveys and installation verification as required
- Preparation of design documentation ready for commissioning
- Compilation of Operating and Maintenance manual
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Fully conversant with BS5839.
- Minimum of 3 years fire alarm design experience.
- Relevant FIA modules in system design completed.
- Ideally from an electrical or fire alarm background.
- Experienced in designing large scale fire systems.
- Desired but not essential would be experienced with Gent and Siemens products
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Attractive salary package.
- Company vehicle.
- Company fuel card and expenses.
- Plenty of overtime.
- Career progression.
- Training and development.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with our engineering specialist recruiter, Christian Hartland on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673 714.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.