£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
26 December 2023
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Yolk Engineering is managing an opportunity for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join this leading electronic manufacturing business that dominates a high growth market and has continued to invest in all areas of the business to push forward an already advanced competitive edge.
We're looking for innovative and creative problem solvers with logical and lateral thinking abilities to support the development of cutting edge technologies and continue to drive this powerhouse of innovation forward, with responsibility for the full software design lifecycle, from design through to validation and release.
This is what you'll be doing:
Focusing on embedded development for ARM core and Renesas microcontrollers (using C) with some PC side development (primarily in C#) interfacing to the production environment, responsibilities will include:
- Developing in C & C++ within MISRA guidelines
- Coding with an Object Orientated approach
- Working with Cortex processors especially ST and Renesas parts
- Developing Test Harnesses and Simulators
- Developing code in line with medical device or other regulated industry standards (60335, 62304, 60601)
- Developing Applications with Visual Studio in C#
- Developing code for control of automated test equipment
- Interfacing to production environment sensors and equipment
- PLC systems and coding
And this is what you'll need
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject
- Use software version control systems (Git, Devops etc)
- Strong C programming skills for embedded platforms (ARM)
- Peripheral communications SPI, UART, I2C
- Experience conducting formal code reviews and working to coding standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills to identify bugs and find solutions
- Strong written communication skill for planning and documenting work to meet regulatory requirements
And this is what you'll get in return
- £45,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working patterns
- Annual Salary review
- Company Bonus
- Ongoing professional development
- Career development opportunities
- Competitive holiday/pension package
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.