Up to £26000
25 days ago
05 November 2020
Fleet Repair Technician
Are you an experienced HGV/LGV technician looking for a new opportunity? Due to the current pandemic my client is looking for a Temporary HGV technician to join them.
This is what you’ll be doing.
You’ll be reporting into the Garage Manager to ensure the successful delivery of repair to fleet vehicles.
Tasks will include:
- Carry out simple work on the vehicle’s electrical system and use information from the wiring diagrams and manuals for electrical components
- Perform allocated work within the timeframe given
- Diagnose, check and set the mechanical systems
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
- Provide technical advice to customers and colleagues
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
The Experience you’ll bring to the team.
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- LGV/HGV/PCV licence an advantage
- IRTEC accreditation desirable
And this is what you’ll get in return.
A competitive salary circa £26000 per annum (Pro Rata) + lots of overtime opportunity.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones.
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*