Dependant on experience
02922 260 612
13 days ago
15 July 2022
Salary is based on experience
Yolk Recruitment are working with a Top 100 law firm in the heart of Bristol. The role is within banking litigation as well as general commercial litigation. This is a great opportunity for a talented law graduate with a genuine interest in financial litigation, or a paralegal looking to move into this sector. This is a firm who are willing to invest in you and your legal career and develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke development programmes.
This is what you will be doing:
As a paralegal in this role, you will be assisting on a array of litigation matters as well as managing your own caseload, under supervision. The work will include:
- Junior fee earning case work including being responsible for your own cases, under supervision.
- Investigating and analysing claims, preparing draft advice's
- Assisting solicitors with preparing trial bundles
- Instructing experts and carrying out Initial review of expert reports
- Drafting correspondence
- Reviewing discovery documents received from other parties
- Managing key dates
- Assisting with recording, reporting on and analysing Management Information
- Assisting with billing
The experience you will bring to the team:
As a Paralegal this firm are looking for a individual who has a willingness to learn and be part of a collaborative team. This role will require you to demonstrate a supportive, flexible and driven ethos in addition to the following experience and skills:
- Previous legal assistant experience is useful (but not essential) and this should ideally be in litigation.
- An interest in working in the legal field is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills as well as attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Word and Outlook is required and experience in Excel, PowerPoint and document management experience would be beneficial.
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a busy team with a significant case load.
- An ability to work on own initiative but under supervision.
What you will get in return:
At this law firm, you will get a work life balance, training and support and the autonomy to manage your own work. In addition to:
- 25 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (4% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 4%)
- Life assurance scheme and Critical Illness Insurance
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Leisure and Lifestyle passes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering leave
- Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones
- Plus much more
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Nicole Smith at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.