about 2 months ago
Fundraising Officer, Cardiff, £22,000-£25,000
My client, a large charity based in Cardiff is looking to recruit a Fundraising Officer to assist with fundraising and revenue generation for the organisation. You will be heavily involved in creating innovative proposals and tenders and will lead on applications to trusts, foundations and grants.
The Fundraising Officer will likely have good communication and writing skills, have experience of working in a fundraising role and may be a member of the Institute of Fundraising.
What you will be responsible for
- To identify and maximise opportunities to raise unrestricted and restricted funds from trusts, foundations and grant making bodies.
- Working towards achieving an ambitious income target that supports the planned delivery of our work at a national, regional and local level.
- Supporting volunteers to capitalise upon and access funding opportunities with development and dissemination of funding toolkits and application support.
- To represent the Fundraising team through engagement with stakeholders, grant funders and other gift making bodies. Including relationship management with funders and potential funders.
- To research and actively seek funding opportunities, and to develop a pipeline of those emerging opportunities
- To complete Expression of Interest and Pre-Qualification Questionnaires alongside building relations with potential new funders.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Experience of raising funds from Trusts and Foundations
- Demonstrable ability to write convincingly about projects to secure funding
- Knowledge of the principles of good donor management and customer care
- Excellent proposal writing, presenting and influencing skills in fundraising